400 Series Plastic Pellet Classifier
If the ultimate post-plastic pelletizing processing is desired, look no further than the Witte 400 series plastic pellet classifier. Combining our expertise with fluid beds and plastic pellet classifying, the 400 series fluid bed cooler and plastic pellet classifier is capable of multiple functions in one compact unit.
- Air Classification: Almost total removal of any minus 20 mesh "fines" including those statically held. High velocity air combined with our converging exhaust cover allow nuisance fines to be swept away and out of your final product.
- Cooling: Pellets can be quickly cooled using only ambient air from our plastic pellet cooler. Cool pellets do not stick together and do not cause problematic condensation issues in a sealed package.
- Drying: Residual surface moisture can be removed with ambient air if the pellet temperature is 185 F or greater. In other cases, heat can be added to bring the pellet moisture content down to specification.
- Fines Removal: Larger fines that are not removed in the fluid bed air section are taken out with either a perforated or wire mesh fines screen.
- Oversize Removal: A traditional perforated deck is used to remove any oversize and longs. Dual, redundant perforated decks can be used to increase screening efficiency.
Witte has long been the industry's premier classifier manufacturer.
"What truly sets them apart is the dedication to customer satisfaction, which starts with the president and is followed through with all the employees."President
Lange Strand Pelletizing
Witte has provided top-notch material processing equipment for many years.
"Their attention to detail, flexibility, timing and quality have consistently met or exceeded our expectations. We consider Witte a well-trusted, top tier supplier."Project Manager
Clariant Plastics & Coatings USA
Our Witte 400s are a tremendous addition to our process.
"We've eliminated the need to break up agglomerated material and flow into the presses is improved and more consistent. Witte delivered as promised."Process Engineer